Wednesday, September 29, 2010

DB Analysis vs. 3-bets by mpethybridge

By mpethybridge:
Using my DB as an illustration for how people ought to go about this analysis to determine their profitability in responding to 3-bets:

1. Note your Fold to 3-bet%:
(I'm a calling station, what can I say?)

2. Note your overall performance facing a 3-bet:



5. Note your win rate when you are NOT slow playing AA or KK by filtering them out--I call this my unsubsidized 3-bet calling win rate:


The standard for whether you are leaking playing back against 3-bets is NOT making a profit on the hand. If you fold, you lose 3 or 3.5 bb. Therefore, any strategy which yields you less of a loss than folding is a +EV strategy.

In PT this is a loss rate of -1.5 to -1.75ptBB/hand; in HEM, it is a loss rate of -300 to -350 bb/100.

Take a look through your databases in this way, as most of the micro players I have been doing DB analyses for are definitely leaking in one or more of these areas, as knn05 says is likely the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment